Saturday, April 3, 2010

So Good !

Its my last night here in Kenya and I've been reflecting back on the last 6 to 7 months, and thinking about my time here. One of my thoughts has been; what imprint has been left with the friendships I've made here. What will they remember?  "Wess Stafford" was speaking here recently and said this, thinking about when he was a child. He said, as a child he would put his hand in wet cement, and an imprint of his hand would take shape. This hand print would last long after he left. Days and years after It was put there. My thoughts went to what imprint has been left on the people I've come along side here. There're so many times in life, when you and I, have the opportunity to impact someone's life, and how we use the time is so important. I so enjoyed being here, and being in a place 7 months ago was so foreign to me. I remember that first night when I arrived here in Nairobi, standing out in front of the airport and yelling to myself inside,  "Oh my God, what am I doing here!". And as the days and weeks went by, that frighting statement, changed into a prayer. "Oh my God, what am I doing here?"
It was at that point, that defining moment, which I had to look outside myself, my own shallow understandings, and lean into Him. That seems to be that place where He wants us, but its a Good place.

Thank you all for spending the time reading my blog, your prayers and support have been and are so appreciated.

I will write again soon on my blog once I've return home.

Dave





No comments:

Post a Comment